Book Me (Pun Intended)
I love engaging with students! My goal is to embolden and to inspire our youth by sharing with them my books, my experience and my passion about their ability to exercise their maximum potential! I provide both on site and virtual presentations, and I am available to present for the whole day, half day or at the discretion of the host. My author’s visits are tailored for grade levels K-5. However, I have experience speaking with all grade levels, and I am available for keynotes, motivational speaking and character education.
Author’s Visits Highlights
(ALL VISITS CAN BE DONE VIRTUALLY)
- My presentation includes a full reading of the book, a Q&A session, a fun exercise and a book signing afterwards. Among other things I share with your scholars the skill set I need to be a successful author and the story of how I discovered my ability to be a good writer while in elementary school.
- Each presentation generally lasts between 30-45 minutes. I understand that Kinders sometimes get a bit squirmy. As such I usually shorten their presentations.
- At the end of each presentation I will facilitate an official book signing. For Virtual presentations, I will personalize and sign each book and have them shipped to you.
- Copies of the paperback books for students, faculty and staff are offered at a discounted rate of $10 per book.
- Full and half classroom sets of the books are available in hardback as well!
- I do charge an honorarium. Feel free to reach out to me for more details. In the meantime, for tips on how to fund an author’s visit, please review this awesome article I found on BookingBiz.com
“Patrice was amazing with our students!! She interacted with them constantly, talked TO them not AT them, & was all around a great speaker. Her book was engaging and her excitement was contagious. It is apparent that she LOVES what she does and our scholars LOVED her. We hope to have her back next school year for the upper grade levels ”
“Patrice is an amazing speaker. Her energy and vibrancy engaged all of our students from Kindergarten through 5th grade. Her presentation was educational and entertaining. Students were lined up after each talk to get a chance to speak with her. Patrice was also very encouraging to our students and fostering the idea that they too have ideas that can be brought to life. I am grateful for Patrice’s patience in working me to get the visit set up and being flexible enough to work around our elementary school’s schedule so that all grade levels would have a chance to listen to her read “Have You Thanked An Inventory Today?” I look forward to having the opportunity to have Patrice visit us again.”
“Patrice was so motivating and inspiring! Our students loved her presentation. I heard great feedback from our teachers as well as parents! I highly recommend her to share her story with your students!”
“I really thanked my creator for making everything possible and smooth functioning of the Skype session. I am so so glad that the students thoroughly enjoyed your session. You were awsome, bubly and very communicative. Thank you for everything.”
“On October 9th, the MYP met Ms Patrice, over a Skype session. She was really nice to have as it gave us an experience of what being an author is like. She answered all our questions with detail and never complained when we asked the same question. She taught us what you needed to be an author and when she used them during her career. She was really funny and that kept us from getting bored. I really liked my time with Ms Patrice and I hope to see her again next year when she can talk about her new book.”
“Patrice, you are inspiring, motivating, amazing, and such a talented author. I want to truly appreciate you taking the time and energy to teach our girls the tricks and tools of how to maneuver this thing called life–through reading and writing. And not only for them, the girl in me, was left thinking about how I can continue to sprout seedlings of goodness and prosperity.
As you continue in your journey of writing, don’t forget about us here at Carmen Dragon. Your inspirational words will ring through our corridors for some time. Feel free to reach out and keep us posted about the next project…THANK YOU for YOU and your awesome talent.”
Ready to book me for a visit?