This lesson plan packet is filled with fun activities that are designed to supplement the engaging STEM books Have You Thanked an Inventor Today?” and/or “Have You Thanked a Kidventor Today?”. It contains 5 lessons that will work to enhance skill levels in Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Creativity through Art. Have fun using these lessons during Black History Month, Invention Conventions or as a fun approach to U.S. History, Math and English Language Arts! Common Core Standards are listed with each activity.
What are the activities included in this awesome resource?
- Math Decoder – Fun Math Activity where students solve math problems then use their answers to decode a secret message.
- **If I Could Thank an Inventor.. – Students will demonstrate their command of writing and language by using a writing prompt and expository pillar to complete an essay on which inventor they’d like to thank and why.
- Invention Mobile – Using art, students will highlight their favorite inventors and inventions through the creation of an invention mobile.
- Let Your Light Shine – An engaging STEM activity that allows students to explore electricity by creating a paper light bulb that actually lights up.
- Poetic Expressions – Students will think about what they’d like to invent and express it through poetry.
**ACTIVITY DUPLICATED IN 5TH GRADE PACKET
There are no reviews yet.