This lesson plan packet is filled with fun activities that are designed to supplement the engaging STEM books Have You Thanked an Inventor Today?” and/or “Have You Thanked a Kidventor Today?”. It contains 6 lessons that will work to enhance skill levels in Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Creativity through Art. Have fun using these lessons during Black History Month, Invention Conventions or as a fun approach to U.S. History, Math and English Language Arts! Common Core Standards are listed with each activity.
What are the activities included in this awesome resource?
- Math Decoder – Fun Math Activity where students solve math problems then use their answers to decode a secret message.
- **If I Could Thank an Inventor.. – Students will demonstrate their command of writing and language by using a writing prompt and expository pillar to complete an essay on which inventor they’d like to thank and why.
- Lactic Plastic – An engaging STEM activity where students will explore simple elements of chemistry by using milk to create plastic.
- Inventor Acrostic Poem – Students will create an acrostic poem about the character traits needed to be a good inventor.
- Invention Diorama – Using art, students will create a diorama showcasing their favorite inventions and the different ways in which it can be used.
- Vocabulary Building – Students will build their vocabulary skills by completing sentences with correct vocabulary words.
**ACTIVITY DUPLICATED IN 4TH GRADE ACTIVITY PACKET