This lesson plan packet is filled with fun activities that are designed to supplement the engaging STEM books Have You Thanked an Inventor Today?” and/or “Have You Thanked a Kidventor Today?”. It contains 5 lessons that will work to enhance skill levels in Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Creativity through Art. Have fun using these lessons during Black History Month, Invention Conventions or as a fun approach to U.S. History, Math and English Language Arts! Common Core Standards are listed with each activity.
What are the activities included in this awesome resource?
- Can You Build It?* – Engaging STEM Activity where students will practice the engineering process by modeling a pyramid using building blocks.
- Dot to Dot – Fun activity that incorporates both math and art. Students count by 10’s to complete the dot to do then color the picture.
- The Memory Game – Fun activity that promotes reading comprehension and retention through memory of the inventors and their inventions (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book).
- Check the Rhyme – Wonderful ELA activity where students will recognize and produce rhyming words (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book)
- Thank You! – Using art, students will highlight an invention from the book that they’re most thankful for.
**ACTIVITY DUPLICATED IN KINDERGARTEN PACKET