This lesson plan packet is filled with fun activities that are designed to supplement the engaging STEM books Have You Thanked an Inventor Today?” and/or “Have You Thanked a Kidventor Today?”. It contains 5 lessons that will work to enhance skill levels in Reading, Writing, Math and Science. Have fun using these lessons during Black History Month, Invention Conventions or as a fun approach to U.S. History, Math and English Language Arts! Common Core Standards are listed with each activity.
What are the activities included in this awesome resource?
- Dot to Dot – this activity incorporates math and art. Students count by ones to complete the dot to dot picture then color it.
- **Can You Build It? – Engaging STEM activity which allows students to practice the engineering process by modeling a pyramid using building blocks.
- Is It an Inventor or an Invention? – Fun activity where students identify if illustrations are an invention or an inventor (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book).
- Matching Worksheet –Fun activity where students match picture of invention with the name of the invention (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book).
- Pick One! – Fun activity where students cut and paste pictures of inventors and inventions in the correct box (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book)
**ACTIVITY DUPLICATED IN 1ST GRADE PACKET