This packet is filled with engaging activities that, along with the book, are sure to inspire and empower your scholars! It contains 8 lessons that can easily be used to help facilitate the core competencies of Social Emotional Learning. Scholars will love learning more about their awesome super power of choice and how they can use that super power to help make the world a better place. The activities are designed for a classroom setting, but can be used for individual learning as well.
What’s included in this awesome resource?
This packet includes the following activities:
- Is It A Good Choice or A Bad Choice – students will engage in a fun game that helps them to identify the difference between good and bad choices.
- You Choose Your Consequence – students will identify possible consequences that could result from particular choices made
- Choose Wisely – students will learn how to make good decisions using the TAT Decision Making Model
- Choose Empathy – students will learn how to exercise empathy and compassion in their decision making
- Choose Courage – students will learn that it is important to exercise courage in both words and action
- Mistakes Don’t Have to be Monsters – students will learn how to overcome poor decision making using the STORE model
- We Wear the Mask – students will learn that a person’s skin color isn’t as important as who they are on the inside
- I Am Uniquely Special – students will learn some of the wonderful things that help to make Black people in America unique