Dandi McLion Has Her Say lesson plans are also available in a single packet consisting of ten separate activities which cover the following subject areas: Math, English Language Arts, Social Emotional Learning and Character Education.
What’s included in this awesome resource?
This packet includes the following activities:
- Choose Empathy – students will learn how to exercise empathy and compassion in their decision making.
- Courage Box – students will learn that it is important to exercise courage in both words and action.
- Take A CALMER Approach – students will learn to manage and control their anger by using the CALMER anger-management model.
- So Jelly – students will have fun making delicious dandelion jelly.
- We Wear the Mask – students will learn that a person’s skin color isn’t as important as who they are on the inside.
- I Can Use My Voice – Students will write a letter to a community leader about an issue that is important to them.
- Madlibin’ – Students will have fun using vocabulary by completing a Madlib.
- Math Decoder – Students will solve mathematical problems to decode a secret message.
- My Opinion Matters – Students will write an opinion piece that includes a statement of opinion, reasons to back up the opinion and a conclusion.
- What’s the Truth? – Students will use reading comprehension to determine whether statements are true or false.