This lesson plan packet is filled with fun activities that are designed to supplement the engaging STEM books Have You Thanked an Inventor Today?” and/or “Have You Thanked a Kidventor Today?”. It contains 6 lessons that will work to enhance skill levels in Reading, Writing, Math, Science and Creativity through Art. Have fun using these lessons during Black History Month, Invention Conventions or as a fun approach to U.S. History, Math and English Language Arts! Common Core Standards are listed with each activity.
What are the activities included in this awesome resource?
- Math Decoder – Fun Math Activity where students solve math problems then use their answers to decode a secret message.
- **Invention Vocabulary – Using a dictionary or glossary, students will alphabetize and define new vocabulary words, then select at least 5 of those words to be used in a realistic fiction story that they will write about an invention (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book).
- **Use Your Context Clues! – Wonderful ELA activity where students will determine the meaning of words based upon the context of the sentence (This activity is text specific. As such, there are separate worksheets to supplement each book).
- Inventor Hat – Using art, students will highlight their favorite inventor by making an inventor hat.
- Thank You Inventor! – Using a letter writing graphic organizer, students will write a friendly letter to their favorite inventor.
- Bridging the Gap – Engaging STEM Activity that allows students to participate in the engineering process by building a bridge from Popsicle sticks and recording their observations.
**ACTIVITY DUPLICATED IN 2ND GRADE PACKET