5 Tips to Help You Prepare for Your Author’s Visithttps://mltga54azssz.i.optimole.com/cb:zck1~2c08f/w:1024/h:576/q:mauto/https://patricemclaurin.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/10.png 1024 576 pmclaurin pmclaurin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/177bdc7d78022f82ae3f61bbc3e8aba3?s=96&d=mm&r=g
An author’s visit to a school can be a memorable and enriching experience for students, teachers, and the entire school community. However, it’s important for educators to be prepared in order to make the most of the visit. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your upcoming author’s visit:
- Research the author: It’s helpful to have a basic understanding of the author’s background, writing style, and the themes and messages in their books. This can help you to prepare meaningful questions and activities for the author’s visit.
- Review the author’s work: If possible, review the author’s work in advance of the visit. This will give you a sense of the author’s writing style and the content of their books, which can be helpful in preparing for the visit.
- Plan activities and questions: Consider what activities and questions you would like to incorporate into the author’s visit. You might want to focus on the writing process, the themes in the author’s books, or the author’s personal experiences.
- Coordinate logistics: Make sure to coordinate logistics in advance of the author’s visit, such as the location, timing, and any necessary materials. It’s also important to communicate the details of the visit with students, teachers, and parents in advance.
- Prepare for technical issues: If you will be conducting the author’s visit virtually, make sure to test the technology in advance and have a backup plan in case of technical issues.
By following these tips, educators can be well-prepared for an author’s visit and create a meaningful and engaging experience for students. And if you’d like to schedule an author’s visit with an engaging and dynamic children’s book author, be sure to book me (pun intended :-))!
Follow this link for more details!